If you go through my skincare shelves, you’ll quickly realize one thing: I own far too many face masks! I am not loyal to just one mask, but always up for trying new ones. A girl can never have enough face masks! I think the reason being is that with face masks you’re able to see visible results right away, they’re fun to use and so easy to apply! So the temptation to try out new ones is amplified.
One of THE prettiest masks I’ve ever seen is the newly launched Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior Plumping and Hydrating Pink Mask. Yes, it’s pink! And have I mentioned it’s sparkly too?! But looks aside, this is one of the most indulgent and potent masks I’ve tried. It immediately made me think that everyone, in general, should mask at least once a week! And if you’re not already, later in the post I’ll talk about 5 Reasons To Mask Right Now. But first, let me give you the 411 on this latest release from Kate Somerville Skincare.
Although this mask was sent to me complimentary by Kate Somerville Skincare, I have also purchased their products with my own money. I have used the Goat Milk Moisturizer reviewed here and the RetAsphere Retinol Night Cream detailed here for years. I have also reviewed their Goat Milk Cleanser in detail here and mentioned their RetAsphere MicroPeel Retinol Treatment here.
What immediately intrigued me about this mask, aside from the fact that it’s pink and sparkly, is that it features three different sizes of Hyaluronic Acid, which the skin absorbs at different levels (see complete list of ingredients here). The result is an instant burst of hydration noticeable with just one use of the mask. The skin is left feeling refreshed and plump, while the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is subtly smoothed. Although the consistency is that of a gel, I was surprised at the ease to which this mask adheres to the skin. It doesn’t feel slippy or sticky, but grabs hold of the skin and stays put. It removes easily without tugging at the skin.
I also like the fact that this mask requires only 10 minutes to work its magic and can be used morning or night. I typically apply it when I get in the shower and remove it at the end. It is the perfect fix for when you have left skin unattended for a while (you know, when life takes over) as well as for a quick boost!
While the weighty metallic pink plastic jar, looks very chic and elegant on any vanity, I do wish it came in a tube, as this is the kind of mask that I would love to take traveling with me. My skin has tremendously enjoyed this sparkly pink delight and I can definitely see myself purchasing it during the Sephora semi-annual sale.
5 Reasons to Mask Right Now
If you’re not already using a face mask at least once a week, here are 5 reasons why you should!
- Easy to apply – Simply apply the mask of your choice in an even layer onto cleansed skin. You can use your fingers or a beauty brush. Easy peasy, no?
- Deliver Instant Results – Typically, skincare products take some time to deliver visible results but a good face mask should deliver on its claims after the first use. Most masks take about 10-20 minutes to work their magic, during which time I like to scroll thru Instagram, catch up with blogs, sent emails or text friends. Yay for multi-tasking!
- Improve the Overall Appearance of the Skin – There are different types of masks such as exfoliating, detoxifying, clarifying, purifying and hydrating masks just to name a few. But regardless of your skincare concerns, the process of the mask drying on your skin along with its removal, help stimulate blood circulation thus tightening and toning the skin. You’ll be left with soft, rejuvenated skin and notice an improvement in your complexion. Glowing skin and an improved appearance of pores? Yes, please!
- Help Your Overall Skincare Routine – Masking helps other skincare products you apply afterwards to work more efficiently. These products absorb better and quicker, ensuring your skin maintains a healthy-looking appearance: toned, hydrated and luminous. Who doesn’t love that?
- Relaxation – Masking is also a very sensorial experience and can be quite therapeutic. A face mask can lift your spirits and relax your senses. It’s the easiest way to bring that spa-like feeling into the comfort of your own home. It truly is these little acts of selfcare that make a world of difference.
Do you use face masks? How often do you mask and what are some of your favorite masks? Please do share in the comments below.
This is NOT a sponsored post but it does contain referral links. Read my Disclaimer policy for more info.