Dear friends, that time of the year is here again! Grab your wish lists, don’t forget your wallet and head over to the semi-annual Sephora VIB Sale. One of my most asked questions on Instagram and in real life, is what beauty products do I recommend from Sephora? And since the VIB sale is the perfect opportunity to try out new goodies and stock up on old favorites, here are my recommendations for the 2017 Sephora VIB Sale.
Note: This post is not meant to be an in-depth review of every product mentioned but rather a quick overview. I will however try to link a detailed review where I can find one. So get your pen and paper, let’s begin …
~ Skincare ~
- Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask – I have tried several products from Tatcha and their Violet C mask has quickly become a staple in my beauty cabinet. I use it at least once a week and I just love the way it leaves my skin. My skin is brighter and my pores appear diminished. Will definitely be stocking up. If you’re new to Tatcha, this set here is a great introduction to the brand and features some of my personal favorites, the Tatcha Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm and the Tatcha Water Cream mentioned below.
- Clarins Double Serum – I love using this at night when I’m not using a retinol. I recently took the Clarins Double Serum challenge and documented my experience and results here.
- Dr. Roebuck Reverse Aging Serum – Dr. Roebuck is a natural Aussie brand formulated with no harsh or potentially harmful ingredients. The brand was created over 30 years ago by a physician looking for safe and effective skincare for themselves and their family. The Dr. Roebuck’s Reverse Aging Serum is packed with Retinol and Niacinamide, two powerhouse anti-aging ingredients. While other Retinol products are too harsh for my sensitive skin, the Dr. Roebuck serum works wonders. It brightens, firms and protects the skin.
- Dr. Roebuck Anti-Aging Face Cream – This is the perfect day and night option, formulated with very few yet potent ingredients, to rehydrate the skin. Will be buying one for my husband as he’s really been enjoying this cream as well.
- Kate Somerville RetAsphere Micro Peel Retinol – This was one of the very first retinols I started using a few years back. It doesn’t aggravate or irritate my sensitive skin and does an excellent job reviving my dull complexion, brightening uneven spots and minimizing the appearance of my oversized pores.
- La Mer Eye Concentrate – This is one of my Holy Grail eye creams (the other one being the Khiel’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado reviewed here). I started using this about 7 years ago when I turned 30 and felt my eye area needed some help. You can read about my experience with this eye cream in detail here.
- Tatcha Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm – I suffer from dry lips partly due to my constant lipstick obsession. So I’m always up for trying a new lip balm. The Tatcha Camellia Lip Balm is a new discovery that has quickly become a favorite.
- Tatcha Water Cream – I’ve already gone thru 3 deluxe samples that lasted for about 2 weeks. I used it in the morning and was surprised at how hydrated it left my skin. Will be purchasing full size.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – This is a very potent exfoliating serum with lactic acid. I didn’t expect my sensitive skin to tolerate it, so I initially started out with a sample, back when they first launched at Sephora. Fast forward a few years, and now I’ve gone thru more of these bottles than I care to remember. I use it at night and follow with a hydrating serum such as the Farmacy Invincible Triple Hyaluronic Acid Serum reviewed here, layer a moisturizer on top and seal everything with a face oil.
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover – the only eye makeup remover I have used over the past few years. A detailed review is available here.
- L’Occitane Hand Lotion – L’Occitane makes some of my favorite hand creams, hands down and pun intended. I’ve previously mentioned them here and here.
~ Makeup ~
- Burberry Fresh Glow Fluid Base – One of the best primers I’ve tried thus far. It provides a boost of hydration and ensures the products you apply on top adhere better onto the skin. See a detailed review here.
- YSL All Hours Foundation – This is the foundation that impressed me the most this year. The results completely blew me away. See some before and after photos here.
- Burberry Lip Velvet Liquid Lipsticks – These New Age matte liquid lipsticks are incredibly pigmented, smooth, and super moisturizing on the lips. You can find swatches here.
- Dior Addict Lip Laquer Stick – I simply adore this new lipstick formula by Dior. It’s creamy, intense and delivers high shine for a very effortlessly chic look. It wears very well and feels unbelievably comfortable on the lips. Some of my favorite shades are Underground, a universally flattering mauvey nude and LA Pink, a delicate rosewood shade.
- Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo Blush – Hands down one of my favorite blush formulas out there created via a process called soufflage. See swatches and a full review here.
- Viseart Eyeshadow Palette – Viseart is a Parisian professional makeup brand that uses artisan formulas fueled by natural ingredients. All Viseart Cosmetics are handmade in Paris. The quality is simply outstanding: amazing pigmentation, versatile shades and excellent performance. Swatches here.
- Hourglass Powders/Blushes/Highlighters/Palettes – If you haven’t tried Hourglass powder formulas yet, you need to pronto and the Sephora VIB Sale is the perfect opportunity. They are ultra-fine and look so natural on the skin. I have covered in detail and swatched the Hourglass Ambient Surreal Light Palette here.
- Benefit Clear Brow Gel – The name gives it away, this is a clear gel meant to tame the brows and keep them in place all day. I haven’t used this product in ages as I kept trying to find a more affordable drugstore option. But nothing I’ve tried thus far compares to the Benefit Clear Brow Gel in terms of longevity. So I’ll be repurchasing during the Sephora VIB Sale.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – Truly a wiz! This is a fine tip brow pencil that comes with a wand. It’s so easy to use and looks so natural. Ever since I discovered this a few years ago, I’ve not looked back.
- Sephora Pro Makeup Brushes – Sephora’s own line of professional makeup brushes rival any high end brushes I’ve tried. They don’t shed and do an excellent job picking up just the right amount of product. I have reviewed some of these brushes here.
~ Haircare ~
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt – I adore the Christophe Robin Haircare line. Their products are inspired by nature and jam-packed with natural ingredients, free of parabens, silicones, SLES and oxidants. This purifying scrub with Sea Salt is a detox shampoo that deeply cleanses and removes buildup, while rebalancing and hydrating the scalp. I use it every 3-4 washes. You can learn more about the brand and how they formulate their products in my interview with Christophe Robin himself here.
- Christophe Robin Aloe Vera Shampoo – The perfect boost of hydration for lackluster locks! See photos and a detailed review here.
- Christophe Robin Aloe Vera Mist – This soothes and comforts the scalp while making detangling easier in just a few sprays! Full review here.
- Christophe Robin Volumizing Conditioner with Rose Extracts – This is a detangling, volumizing and protective conditioner I previously covered here.
- Christophe Robin Volumizing Mist with Rosewater – An innovative alcohol-free formula composed of 96% rose water (smells out of this world!). It provides body and volume without drying out the hair and leaving it stiff.
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Seed Oil – An absolute savior for dry, damaged and chemically treated hair. I plan a detailed review in a separate post as this hair mask is too good not to share.
- Briogeo Leave-in Conditioning Spray – I have used this for a few years now. It’s an ultra-light leave-in conditioner that I like to spritz all over my clean, damp hair before styling. Read my detailed review here.
- Dyson SuperSonic Hair Dryer – I hate recommending such an expensive item, but I must say this dryer has worked wonders on my hair. I purchased mine during the last Sephora Sale, purely just to see what the hype was all about and with the intention of returning, as I couldn’t fathom spending so much money on a blow dryer! I don’t think it dries my hair quicker than my Sedu Revolution Pro Dryer, but the Dyson reduces frizz and doesn’t leave my hair feeling dry and dehydrated. Immediately upon drying, my hair is soft, remarkably shiny and bouncy. I plan to review it in detail here on the blog in an upcoming post.
~ Other Beauty Items ~
The Sephora VIB Sale is THE perfect opportunity to invest in high end fragrances and candles. Below are some of my favorites:
- Jo Malone Fragrances – I simply adore Jo Malone fragrances! The notes are effortless, elegant, and subtle. Some of my favorite scents are Peony & Blush Suede and English Pear & Freesia.
- Jo Malone Candles – These candles come with a hefty price tag but the aromas smell so natural! There are no synthetic or artificial notes that I detect so every now and then during a sale, I allow myself to splurge. I have previously mentioned some of these Jo Malone candles here.
- Chanel Gabrielle Fragrance – This fragrance is so elegant and tres Parisian chic! I have already purchased it as a gift for several family members and friends throughout the year and now it’s time I treated myself as well!
So here is my list of What To Buy at Sephora during the VIB Sale and in general. I’m curious to know some of your recommendations. What’s on your wishlist? Please do share in the comments down below.
The dates and coupon code for the 2017 Sephora VIB sale are detailed in the photo below.
This is NOT a sponsored post but it does contain referral links. Read my Disclaimer policy for more info.